Impress guests at your next dinner party with some easy delicious side dishes. We have you covered with three simple recipes for the perfect accompaniments - potatoes, broccoli and carrots. These recipes are guaranteed to add some excitement to your next meal.
2 sprigs Rosemary
4 table spoon Olive oil
1 pinch Paprika
500g Chat potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Cut the potatoes into wedges, place in a large bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika and chopped rosemary. Toss wedges in olive oil mixture.
3. Place potatoes in a baking tray with some baking paper underneath (helps to not stick and makes for easy cleaning).
4. Bake at 180°C for 15min then turn it down to 160°C to finish.
5. Garnish with some fresh rosemary sprigs.
Pan roasted broccoli with garlic
3 Cloves garlic thinly sliced
1. Cut the broccoli into smaller pieces, blanch in salted boiling water for 1 ½ min then strain.
2. Heat a fry pan with a little olive oil and sliced garlic, when the garlic is almost cooked, add broccoli and sauté for 2 minutes
Spiced Roasted Carrots
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon coriander
800g peeled carrots halved lengthways
1. Preheat oven to 220°C
2. Place oil, honey, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Mix well.
3. Add carrots and toss well to coat in spice mixture.
4. Add carrots to a preheated roasting pan, drizzle over remaining mixture.
5. Roast in oven for 25 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.