It’s our favourite time of year where its tradition to hunt for chocolate eggs in the garden and Hot Cross Buns are a staple breakfast item. If you have left over hot cross buns or you are entertaining family and friends who are coming together for the holiday, our Chefs have created this delicious dessert alternative to a bread and butter pudding that is quick and easy to make at home and is absolutely delicious.
125 gm Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
500 ml Milk
400 Pure Cream
6 Hot- Cross Bun (cut in half)
Pinch of Cinnamon
Whip Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream
- Pre-heat the oven 180C
- Wisk together eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon
- Lay the cross section of the hot cross bun flat into the bottom of the tray
- Add the sweet egg mix and let the buns soak up the mix
- Garnish the top layer with banana slices and generous amount of brown sugar to create a crust
- Put the tray in the oven and bake the pudding for 25 mins
- To check if is cooked, puncture with a knife to the bottom of the tray and check the sides of the knife for wet dough patches. If it’s still wet, cook longer till the knife comes out clean
Serve this delicious pudding warm with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy.