Add a touch of gourmet dinner treats to your next party with this scallop and coconut sambal canapé recipe. It’s so easy to make, you will be the envy of all your friends and to top it off, it’s absolutely delicious.
12 scallops shell open
100g shredded coconut
100g palm sugar (melt down in a little water)
2 long red chillies
1 cloves garlic
Salt to taste
Dark soy for colour
50g cashew nuts
- Make a paste from the chilli, garlic and eschallots in a mortar and plisse. Set aside.
- Add palm sugar and a little water to soften in a saucepan and cook over low heat. Once melted turn the heat up and cook until it’s at a caramel texture then add in the chilli paste.
- Once paste is cooked off, add coconut and toast for a few minutes stirring continually
- Add ½ tea spoon of dark soy for colour and taste.
- Detach scallop from the shell. Set aside the scallops and wash the shells under cold water and pat dry.
- Marinate scallops in a little oil and salt place on a tray, bake them at 180 for 2min.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place cool cooked scallop onto the washed shell.
- Place a teaspoon of the sambal on top of the scallop and garnish with cashew and herbs.
This delish coconut sambal can be used with any seafood or rice dishes. Enjoy xo