Winter is getting chilly this year and we are all about comfort food to get us through. If you are like us then try this delicious, hearty roast chicken recipe for the whole family to enjoy on a cold winters night.
1 Whole chicken
4 bay leaves
1 bunch thyme
5 gloves garlic crushed
2 bunch brocolini
2 bunch Dutch carrots
1 bunch baby turnips
- Dissolve sugar and salt in water add ½ bunch of thyme and bayleafs.
- Wash chicken then add to brine, refrigerate overnight.
- Take chicken out of the brine and leave uncovered on a drip tray to dry in the fridge for a few hours.
- Preheat oven 200c
- Take the butter add crushed garlic mix well and spread under the skin of the breast and on top covering the whole chicken.
- Cook until golden brown and internal temperature is 75c leave to rest for 20min before craving.
- Blanch or roast veg whatever you prefer.
- Place the chicken on a serving platter stuff with remain thyme, scatter the cooked veg around and enjoy.