Last updated: July 2014
1. We respect your privacy
HostCo respects your right to privacy and this policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
We recognise that any personal information we collect about you will only be used for the purposes indicated in our policy, where we have your consent to do so, or as otherwise required or authorised by law. It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we collect from you or that is received by us will be treated with appropriate respect ensuring protection of your personal information.
Our commitment in respect of personal information is to abide by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any other relevant law.
“Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. What personal information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
● phone number
● information about the goods or services you have ordered
● information from enquiries you have made
● communications between us
● credit card information
3. Why we collect your personal information
We collect and receive personal information about you in order to conduct our business. From time to time we may offer other products and services.
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including: when you interact with us electronically or in person; when you access our website; and when we provide our services to you.
4. How we collect your personal information
Where reasonable and practical we will collect your personal information only directly from you. However, we will also collect information about you from third parties such as from our contractors who supply services to us, or from other individuals or companies as authorised by you.
If you do not provide the information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with our services.
5. Use of your personal information
We use your information to provide our service to you. We also use it to improve our service to you.
We do not provide your information to third parties, except that we may provide your information to our business partners who assist us in the provision of our services to you.
We will not disclose your information to overseas recipients.
6. Direct marketing
From time to time we may use your personal information to notify you of opportunities that we think you might be interested in.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by contacting us on email@example.com. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
7. Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. However we are not liable for any unauthorised access to this information.
8. Access to your personal information
You can access and update your personal information by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a fee for our reasonable costs in retrieving and supplying the information to you.
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information. For example, such a situation would be information relating to an existing or anticipated legal proceeding with you, or if your request is vexatious.
An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to your personal information we hold.
It is important to our relationship that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. During the course of our relationship with you we will ask you to inform us if any of your personal information has changed.
9. Updating your personal information
If you consider that any information we hold about you is incorrect, you should contact us on email@example.com to have it updated. We will generally rely on you to assist us in informing us if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
10. Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to HostCo, Level 4, Holme Building, Science Rd, the University of Sydney, NSW 2006. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
11. Business without identifying you
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you, however, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information. Such a situation would be where you make general inquiries about interest rates or current promotional offers.
When you visit our website
When you come on to our website we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Third party sites
Our site has links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for these sites or the consequences of you going on to those sites.
Last updated: June 2014
2. You agree to use the HostCo website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the HostCo website by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to the HostCo website.
3. You must not post or transmit via the HostCo website any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law.
4. The University of Sydney Union strives to keep information stored on the HostCo website up to date, but does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information. Any errors in the information that are brought to our attention will be corrected as soon as possible. The University of Sydney Union reserves the right to change at any time without notice any information stored on the HostCo website.
5. The University of Sydney Union accepts no liability for any loss or damage a person suffers because that person has directly or indirectly relied on any information stored on the HostCo website.
6. The University of Sydney Union owns the copyright in the information provided on the HostCo website, unless stated otherwise.
7. Material on the HostCo website is subject to copyright under Australian law.
8. Comments on the HostCo website are provided by, and are the responsibility of, the person or persons who made such postings. We do not endorse, support, or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any comments posted on the HostCo website or endorses any of the opinions expressed.
9. We take reasonable care in linking to other websites but we have no direct control over the content presented in those websites or the availability of those websites.
10. We make no representation that the material on any linked websites does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. We do not authorise the reproduction of such material.
11. We do not endorse or recommend any links to external websites, or third party content, including products and services offered by, from or through those websites or their content.
12. We strive to protect comments and information You provide on the HostCo website. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that Your comments and information are not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no Harmful Code will enter the HostCo website. You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
13. We recommend that You use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect Your computer systems.
15. In order to participate in, and contribute to, HostCo, You may be required to register and provide an email address.
16. We will only use and disclose your personal information to a person, body or any other third party:
- to provide You with a service that You have requested;
- as authorised by law, for example, if a law enforcement authority or court order lawfully directs us to disclose the information of a user.
19. We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
20. Please contact us if You have any questions, problems or feedback regarding our site.
Harmful Code means any form of harmful surreptitious code or other contaminants, including viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware.
You and Your means the user of this website.
This website has been designed to conform to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 ‘AA’ level. Compliance with this standard has been achieved through practical implementation during development and user testing.
All new content is compliant and this website has regularly scheduled accessibility checks to ensure continued WCAG 2.0 compliance.
However, please note that a large amount of content has been transferred over from our previous website which operated on a different system. While this content has undergone checks, due to its size and our limited resources as a not-for-profit organisation, some content may not be 100% compliant.
Ensuring access for all users is important to HosCo, so please contact us if you have any difficulties using this site, to give us feedback or for any further information.
Adjusting the text size
You can make the text size on this website larger or smaller using the following keyboard commands:
1. Hold down the CTRL key (Microsoft Windows) or the ‘Apple’ key (Mac OS X) on your keyboard
2. Use the + or – key, or scroll with your mouse wheel to make text bigger or smaller
3. Keep repeating step 2 until the text is at a suitable size
This website allows full tab-based navigation. The website has a main menu of menu items and each of these menu items has its own sub menu.
- When you are on a menu item or link pressing enter will take you to that page
- Pressing enter on a main menu item will take you to that section, which will have its own sub menu
- Pressing enter on a sub menu item will take you to that page and will also expand any subsections below
- Holding down ‘shift’ as you tab will take you through the tab cycle in reverse order
Other navigation aids
- ‘Skip to’ links are available to navigate through pages and sections on the website.
- You can ‘Skip to Content’, ‘Skip to Main Menu’, ‘Skip to Submenu’ and ‘Skip to Search.’
- The ‘Skip to Submenu’ can be used to navigate to the individual menu of a section (e.g. television)
- Note that Skip-tos are invisible on the site but they can be tabbed too.
Breadcrumbs are included on the site. These are a series of links that show you your trail back to the home page from the section you are in.
You can search our website using basic search or advanced search.
This website includes proper use of headings that can be navigated through depending on the navigation settings of your screen reader.
Whenever possible, links have been written meaningfully to make sense when read out of context, such as by a screen reader.
Images and graphics
All images and graphics include descriptive “alt” attributes (alt text).
Page not found
The page you are looking for cannot be found. Please return to the home page
Page last updated July 2014
Planning an event?
If you’d like to find out how HostCo can make your event truly unforgettable, call our friendly team in Sydney on +61 2 9563 6245,
or contact us