Terms & Conditions
2. You agree to use the HostCo website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the HostCo website by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to the HostCo website.
3. You must not post or transmit via the HostCo website any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law.
4. The University of Sydney Union strives to keep information stored on the HostCo website up to date, but does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information. Any errors in the information that are brought to our attention will be corrected as soon as possible. The University of Sydney Union reserves the right to change at any time without notice any information stored on the HostCo website.
5. The University of Sydney Union accepts no liability for any loss or damage a person suffers because that person has directly or indirectly relied on any information stored on the HostCo website.
6. The University of Sydney Union owns the copyright in the information provided on the HostCo website, unless stated otherwise.
7. Material on the HostCo website is subject to copyright under Australian law.
8. Comments on the HostCo website are provided by, and are the responsibility of, the person or persons who made such postings. We do not endorse, support, or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any comments posted on the HostCo website or endorses any of the opinions expressed.
9. We take reasonable care in linking to other websites but we have no direct control over the content presented in those websites or the availability of those websites.
10. We make no representation that the material on any linked websites does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. We do not authorise the reproduction of such material.
11. We do not endorse or recommend any links to external websites, or third party content, including products and services offered by, from or through those websites or their content.
12. We strive to protect comments and information You provide on the HostCo website. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that Your comments and information are not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no Harmful Code will enter the HostCo website. You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
13. We recommend that You use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect Your computer systems.
15. In order to participate in, and contribute to, HostCo, You may be required to register and provide an email address.
16. We will only use and disclose your personal information to a person, body or any other third party:
to provide You with a service that You have requested;
as authorised by law, for example, if a law enforcement authority or court order lawfully directs us to disclose the information of a user.
19. We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
20. Please contact us if You have any questions, problems or feedback regarding our site.
Harmful Code means any form of harmful surreptitious code or other contaminants, including viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware.
You and Your means the user of this website.
This website has been designed to conform to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 ‘AA’ level. Compliance with this standard has been achieved through practical implementation during development and user testing.
All new content is compliant and this website has regularly scheduled accessibility checks to ensure continued WCAG 2.0 compliance.
However, please note that a large amount of content has been transferred over from our previous website which operated on a different system. While this content has undergone checks, due to its size and our limited resources as a not-for-profit organisation, some content may not be 100% compliant.
Ensuring access for all users is important to HostCo, so please contact us if you have any difficulties using this site, to give us feedback or for any further information.
Adjusting the text size
You can make the text size on this website larger or smaller using the following keyboard commands:
1. Hold down the CTRL key (Microsoft Windows) or the ‘Apple’ key (Mac OS X) on your keyboard
2. Use the + or – key, or scroll with your mouse wheel to make text bigger or smaller
3. Keep repeating step 2 until the text is at a suitable size
This website allows full tab-based navigation. The website has a main menu of menu items and each of these menu items has its own sub menu.
When you are on a menu item or link pressing enter will take you to that page
Pressing enter on a main menu item will take you to that section, which will have its own sub menu
Pressing enter on a sub menu item will take you to that page and will also expand any subsections below
Holding down ‘shift’ as you tab will take you through the tab cycle in reverse order
Other navigation aids
‘Skip to’ links are available to navigate through pages and sections on the website.
You can ‘Skip to Content’, ‘Skip to Main Menu’, ‘Skip to Submenu’ and ‘Skip to Search.’
The ‘Skip to Submenu’ can be used to navigate to the individual menu of a section (e.g. television)
Note that Skip-tos are invisible on the site but they can be tabbed too.
Breadcrumbs are included on the site. These are a series of links that show you your trail back to the home page from the section you are in.
You can search our website using basic search or advanced search.
This website includes proper use of headings that can be navigated through depending on the navigation settings of your screen reader.
Whenever possible, links have been written meaningfully to make sense when read out of context, such as by a screen reader.
Images and graphics
All images and graphics include descriptive “alt” attributes (alt text).
Page not found
The page you are looking for cannot be found. Please return to the home page
Page last updated June 2018